- Brand Analytics experts have found out which cryptocurrencies are popular in Russia.
- As part of the work, Brand Analytics experts analyzed 2.4 billion messages on the network using the automatic data clustering technology.
- Analysts have found that Russians most often discuss the most capitalized cryptocurrency bitcoin (BTC).
The authors of the study drew attention to the fact that Russians often use alternative names for digital assets.
Brand Analytics experts have found out which cryptocurrencies are popular in Russia. The research results appeared on the company’s website.
- As part of the work, Brand Analytics experts analyzed 2.4 billion messages on the network using the automatic data clustering technology, which were published from October 1 to October 31, 2021.
- Analysts have found that Russians most often discuss the most capitalized cryptocurrency bitcoin (BTC). In total, about BTC, for the indicated period of time, the Brand Analytics team recorded 4.4 million messages.
- In second place, with a result of 855 thousand mentions, was the most capitalized stablecoin – Tether (USDT). Third place went to one of the oldest cryptocurrencies – Litecoin (LTC). Analysts recorded 424 thousand mentions of it.
BowsCoin and Travala Stand out
- Ethereum (ETH), Ripple (XRP), Dogecoin (DOGE), Solana (SOL) and Monero (XMR) entered the top 10 cryptocurrencies by the number of mentions by Russians. It also included two tokens that are far from their neighbors in terms of capitalization: BowsCoin (BSC) and Travala (AVA). The BowsCoin website says that the developers have abandoned the project. Despite this, operations with cryptocurrency continue to be carried out. Travala is a native token of the eponymous travel platform, owned by the popular digital asset exchange Binance.
Experts drew attention to the fact that there are alternative names for digital assets on the network. For example, bitcoinis often referred to as “cue ball”. When analyzing the market, analysts took into account the alternative names of cryptocurrencies.
Recall that in October 2021 Russia entered the top 3 largest Bitcoin mining centers. Against the background of the country’s obtaining a new status, the State Duma decided to create a working group to legalize cryptocurrency mining.